31 March, 2007

irigaray

“Open your lips; don’t open them simply. I don’t open them simply. We-you/I-are neither open nor closed.We never separate simply: a single word cannot be pronounced,produced,uttered by our mouths. Between our lips,yours and mine,several voices,several ways of speaking resound endlessly,back and forth.


One is never separable from the other. You/I: we are always several at once.“




i have made an attempt to impose female voice(s), tone, meaning, and dialogue onto my male characters; not violently, not aggressively, but poetically. The only aggressive element of my work is it’s commitment to the idea that openness is limitless. The possibilities for change remain limitless. We must keep expanding, opening, hiding, revealing and unfolding ourselves, and each other. Leaving our eyes open and lips apart, yet always touching.






“Kiss me. Two lips kissing two lips: openness is ours again. Our “world”.

And the passage from the inside out, from the outside in, the passage between us, is limitless. Without end. No knot or loop, no mouth ever stops our exchanges. Between us the house has no wall, the clearing no enclosure, language no circularity. When you kiss me, the world grows so large that the horizon itself disappears.”





No comments: